Gale的一篇有关时尚方面的专访,初次翻译请捧场!

上午刚刚查看了一下这篇专访确实没有在我们网站上见过,不过它是sweeter翻译的《每句话都置地有声》里面的一小段Gale关于服饰方面回答的原始出处。由于偶是个饭可以不吃但时尚不能没有的主儿,所以特别在意服饰和配件,算是个超级败家女吧,故最先翻的也是Gale这方面的!

下午上班趁老板不在,粗糙翻译了一下,有不正之处请高手尽快指出!

Style & Substance
By Farrah Weinstein
Source: New York Post
April 22,2001

Gale Harold在Showtime系列剧QAF里面扮演了一个令人心动的同性恋,这个角色他演得如此令人信服以至于很多观众都在怀疑他现实生活中的性向。但这个三十多岁的男演员拒绝在公共场合透露自己性向方面的任何细节(这篇文章比较早,所以Gale这时还没有公布自己是straight)。他在同志圈和女性观众里有很多支持者,Gale更愿意保持神秘低调而不是让任何人的希望幻灭。

然而Gale愿意并严肃的传达给fans他可不是剧里类似意大利种马的那个他。

。。。 。。。(这段不翻了,大家都已经很熟悉了)

Style:你的个人风格是什么?
Gale:非常简单:烟筒形长裤,便宜的黑色太阳镜,旧的皮衣,有很多嵌边的人造丝和华达呢(又叫斜纹呢,本人超爱的英伦经典Burberry发明的当家面料),味道较冲的香烟(hard woods我自己的理解),西班牙葡萄酒,意大利鞋靴,嘈杂的音乐,long legs,big windows(不知虾米意思,高手请指点),salsa酱(一种传统的墨西哥调味酱,由番茄、红辣椒和洋葱混合而成;开始我还以为Gale喜欢salsa舞蹈,可QAF里面也没见他有什么跳舞的天分啊,一查敢情是吃的,汗!),自由共和党人的特质。

Style:你很喜欢穿着打扮吗?
Gale:是的,特别是在我有足够的时间去准备的时候,就像太阳退却后的夏夜,伏特加汤尼(我很喜欢的一种鸡尾酒,不过对我来说有些烈)遇热凝结留在桌子上的一圈水印,也可能是Junior Wells的音乐(美国著名的黑人蓝调大师,以沙哑、粗犷、直接的嗓音著称)。就像系温莎结一样,动作可能看似简单但其实很复杂(温莎公爵引起潮流的Windsor结是种非常英国式的漂亮领带结法,它体积大,因此适合系在分得很开的衣领上<例如意大利衣领>和很细的领带上。这种结要非常对称地打才能成功,操作起来有点复杂)。
Style:晚上外出的时候会穿什么?
Gale:通常是Levi’s牛仔裤,靴子或Puma鞋和T恤(经典品牌不需多介绍了)。假如我做正式打扮的话,我会选择鲨鱼绸礼服(鲨鱼绸和人造丝是男装礼服经常使用的两种面料)。或者是运动休闲装。

Style:你喜欢去哪里采购?(这段就是sweeter翻译的《每句话都置地有声》里面的一段)
Gale:我买了很多二手的东西。多伦多——我们拍摄的地方——有很多很棒的二手店。我在皇后街找到一套保存得很好的很性感的60年代细条纹西装。是海军蓝的,带血红色条纹。超赞的。

Style:你最喜欢的设计师有哪些?
Gale:Paul Smith(又和我一样,本人极其迷恋英伦品牌,狂爱Vivian Westwood,以男装起家的Paul Smith的经典条纹西服应该是每个男人必备的),Cesare Paciotti(著名奢侈品牌,男鞋是其顶级代表,香港男星任达华是其爱用着,估计没有QAF Gale可买不起这个品牌的东西)还有Patrick Antosh(可爱的Gale,喝水不忘挖井人)。

Style:你经常独自逛街采购吗?
Gale:那要看情况。我喜欢和剧组的服装设计一起去因为他们知道到底需要什么。像这样浪费大量的时间去一排排的搜寻我不喜欢将来也不可能穿的材质有点神秘的服装真是有意思。

Style:说一下你曾经挥霍在服饰或配件上的一件事吧!
Gale:有一件衣服是我在旧金山淘到的于多伦多60年代早期制造的,是件古董衣,非常的拽,就像在卡纳比街(Carnaby Street是英国最著名的时装街,所有的世界知名品牌你都可以在这条街上看到,我的英伦时尚麦加)上买的那些非常的简约合身的衣服一样。(Mod源自上世纪50年代的英国,指的是当时城市时髦男女崇尚的干净简明、充满现代感的时尚风格。男生一身剪裁贴身的意大利西装驾小绵羊摩托车,女生则穿迷你裙+细高跟鞋,是mod式的指定装扮。Chanel和Prada是其风格延续的代表,Prada和Miumiu我的梦想。)我过去经常穿它几乎都要穿破了,所以我把它交给了小意大利区的尼亚加拉裁缝店进行了修补以便能够重新穿它。

Style:需要放松时做些什么?
Gale:合法的方式?(哈哈,Gale真是可爱)音乐、书籍、自行车(看来Gale是真的喜欢骑车,记得某大人的翻译文章里不是有提到Gale骑车去就酒店接受记者采访)。还有就是与朋友们在一起,我们剧组每个人之间关系都很好,我愿意与他们在一起去舒解身心。

Style:你有没有进行特制的节食法?
Gale:有点类似那个混蛋的“Zone”节食法吧-多蛋白质少碳水化合物,多吃绿色蔬菜,多吃寿司,多吃糖。(天呢,我没看错吧,吃糖还能减肥;Gale怎么会吃小日本的东西,寿司多恶心啊)

Style:什么给你一些启示?
Gale:我的响尾蛇皮封面的圣经。(Gideon’s bible是美国每个旅馆都必备的小本圣经,哈哈,Gale真是酷)

这篇专访文章很老了,估计不会涉及授权问题,以下是原文:
Gale Harold plays a homosexual heartthrob in the Showtime series "Queer as Folk," a role he does so convincingly that many viewers wonder about Harold's real-life orientation.

But the thirtysomething actor refuses to reveal any details on his sexuality. He has many fans in the gay community as well as many women supporters so, he prefers to remain mysterious rather than disillusion anyone.

He will, however, demurely admit that he's "not exactly" the lascivious lothario of his TV alter ego.

Growing up the son of avid churchgoers in Georgia, Harold was a soccer star and won a scholarship to American University in Washington, D.C., where he studied romance literature. After one semester, he transferred to the San Francisco Art Institute, though he eventually dropped out. He then worked as a mechanic on Italian motorcycles.

Harold relocated to Los Angeles in 1997 and studied drama for three years, which led to his theatrical debut in Gillian Plowman's "Me and My Friend" at the Los Angeles Theatre Center.

He also made his feature-film debut, in Paul Scheuring's "36K," and studied with a classical theater company, where he did "The Misanthrope" and "Cymbeline."

Harold has performed in "QAF" (which has been dubbed the gay "Sex and the City") since it debuted last year. And he soon returns to the stage, playing a homophobic man in Austin Pendleton's "Uncle Bob," which opens tomorrow at the SoHo Playhouse (15 Vandam St., at Sixth Avenue).

The two-man show involves a man (Harold) and his uncle ("Oz" star George Morfogen) who is dying of AIDS, and their reflections on life.

Q: What is your personal style?
A: Pretty simple: stovepipe pants, cheap black glasses, used leather, rayon gabardine with lots of piping, hard woods, Spanish wine, Italian boots, loud music, long legs, big windows, salsa cruda, Republican-free futures.

Q: Do you enjoy dressing up?
A: I do. Especially if I have enough time to enjoy getting ready, like a summer night when the sun is setting late, condensation from the vodka tonic's leaving water rings on the furniture, maybe some Junior Wells on the stereo. The simple act of cinching a Windsor knot gets kinda deep.

Q: What do you wear for a night out?
A: Usually Levi's, boots or Pumas, and a T-shirt. If I'm dressing up, maybe a sharkskin suit. Or a microdress . . .

Q: Where do you like to shop?
A: I buy a lot of used stuff. Toronto - where we shoot - has great vintage shops. I found a really hot '60s pinstripe suit on Queen Street with a perfect shape. It's navy with blood-red lining. Unbeatable.

Q: Who are some of your favorite designers?
A: Paul Smith, Cesare Paciotti and Patrick Antosh.

Q: Do you shop alone?
A: Depends. I like to shop with the wardrobe designer for the show because he knows all the right spots. It's fun to kill a few hours going through piles of arcane stuff that fires me up but that I would probably never wear.

Q: Name an item of clothing or an accessory that you have splurged on.
A: I had a suit made here in Toronto [based on] this early '60s suit I found in San Francisco. [The vintage suit] was really nasty, like Carnaby Street mod-tapered and tight. I sort of destroyed it over the years, so I took it to a shop, Niagara Tailors in Little Italy, and had it reproduced.

Q: What do you do to relax?
A: Legally? Music, books, cycling. Being with friends - we're all pretty tight on the cast - is something I love to do to unwind.

Q: Do you follow a special diet?
A: Sort of the bastardized "Zone" - more protein than carbs, lots of greens, lots of sushi, lots of candy.

Q: What gives you substance?
A: My rattlesnake-skin Gideon's bible.

[ Last edited by brigityee on 2005-11-12 at 22:26 ]

Gale 穿什么都好看~~~

谢谢哦 又了解多一点。。。

:s12 lz翻译滴很好啊~:s38

:s14     太高兴鸟~

有视频或者图片就更灵了,...
哇,.
先期待下,.:s03

:s09 大叔喜欢LEVI'S
:s37 :s37 有阴影的东西...