对Hal Sparks 的近期采访(提到qaf)

milehighgayguy.com有一篇对Hal Sparks的专访,提到了他近期的情况,也谈到了qaf。

Hal Sparks speaks
Since being named the 'Funniest Teenager in Chicago' by the Chicago Sun Times in 1987, Hal Sparks has gone on to host 'Talk Soup' on E! Entertainment Television and star as lovable Michael Novotny on the ground-breaking television show 'Queer as Folk'.

He's appeared in several feature films and his band, Zero 1, recently released their debut album. He's currently touring the country with his stand-up comedy and tonight and tomorrow night he will be appearing at Denver's Comedy Works.

I caught up with Hal yesterday and we talked about politics, being magnificent in the sack, and why there will never be a 'Queer as Folk' movie.

Full interview after the jump.

Hal Sparks speaks
By Drew Wilson

For people who only know you through your acting, how would you describe your stand-up comedy?
I’ve been trying to decide whether it’s more brilliant than funny or more funny than brilliant but I think it’s a neat balance of both personally.

You walk the razor’s edge.
If you flipped the coin of brilliant and funny on my act, the coin would land perfectly on it’s side – and stay totally still.

I saw that in a Twilight Zone episode once.
I think it’s a comedian’s job to kind of take it to the root level and take any kind of concept, idea or institution that people hold dear and basically chew at its root like a beaver to see if it falls over.

What does chewing at the root of comedy taste like?
Usually it tastes like chocolate because most of our society is built on the idea of being an adult but still eating sweets. Everything is built on chocolate.

So tasty.
I address what I think are the real important truths. For instance, Starbucks does not sell coffee - they sell milkshakes. People need to come to terms with the fact that every morning before work they get up and they have a milkshake. If it’s 80 percent sugar, ice-cream and whip cream and you breathe coffee over the top of it, that does not make it coffee. Coffee is that shitty brown liquid your dad drank and you said ‘ew’ and wrinkled your nose at.

Speaking of wrinkling your nose, with everything else you've done in your career are you sick of being identified as Michael from Queer as Folk?
I’ll never get tired of people liking Michael and I’m proud of that association, honestly.

Now that it's been over for a few years, what do you think the significance of QAF was on the cultural landscape?
I think it was very influential. Not to toot our own horn but it definitely was. In California, gay marriage is legal right now and that’s a huge step forward and I think the show had a lot to do with it. You have to understand who was watching it a lot of teenagers and college kids and what happened was that those kids are voting now and at a very young age they were shown that the way gay people had been treated was unfair and they were able to come at it from a completely different point of view.

I think what happened is, and I’ve always said this, the benefits of QAF would only be genuinely appreciated and felt four years after the show ended and it’s been about two and a half years and you can really see it starting to happen. The religious right and the other psychopaths on that side have been trying to stop the march toward gay rights and the truth is, it’s like trying to push toothpaste back in a tube. It’s not gonna happen.

You can’t keep young people bigoted once they’ve seen an alternative view.

Wow. So now that the Sex in the City movie has paved the way for a $100 million opening, when can we expect the Queer as Folk movie?
No way will there ever be a Queer as Folk movie.

Really? Why not?
Because a couple of the cast members I know for sure wouldn’t do it and I’m certain that the executive producers Ron and Dan wouldn’t want to work with them either.

Bad blood?
Uh, yeah.

Gimme the dirt! What happened?
My feeling always was, an an actor - and especially as one of the straight actors on the show, that, to a degree, it was my job to do my lines the way they were written and mind my fucking business because our executive producers and many of our writers were gay and were creating these scripts and lines to tell their stories. What, I’m gonna come in and say, 'well I don’t think my character would do that'?. It’s like, seriously? Fuck off. Let's just say there was a little bit of, um, pushback with some of the other actors on the show.

The gay ones or the straight ones?
Um, one of each, actually. There ended up being a lot of negativity in kind of just trying to get loving storylines done and it was a tall order.

That sucks.
Yeah. I’m still in contact with many of the people from the show like Bobby Gant, who played my character’s boyfriend, and Harris, who played my son. Both of those guys put a lot of themselves into that show and worked really friggin’ hard and I have a really low tolerance, personally, for anybody who would interrupt that process of peple trying to do good work just because of ego and bullshit.

So those two people, and I’m sure the people out there in Queer as Folkland have some idea who I’m talking about, I wouldn’t work with them again in any capacity.

Can we kill them off?
It’d be a little hard although I’m for it. That’s a joke. Relax. But there is a chance and I always push Ron and Dan in this direction and I think it would be very healthy to do something like QAF: Miami or QAF: Chicago where they took a different group of people and brought the show back that way. You could have Ted or one of the other characters go there and lead us through the beginnings.

That would be great.
Well, thank you. I thought so myself.

Where do we go to sign the petition to make that happen?
I would go to Showtime about it. If anybody coulud do it it would be them. I’d exec produce it but I have no business going anywhere near a gay show as anything other than an actor.

My best friend growing up came out of the closet when I was 19 or 20 but his parents still don’t know and it’s always been tough for him. He’s always viewed my taking the role of Michael as kind of a gift to him. In some ways I guess it was but in other ways it just made so much sense to me to do it I could see no downside other than the fearful career BS that people got so worked up about what if you never work again well then I’m an asshole and it’s my problem.

It really was never a concern for you to play gay?
No. It was more of a concern actually for the gay actors and I think it turned out to be right because I think the gay actors on the show have had a harder time working after the show than the straight ones have. That’s a fact and it’s a shameful one. I think it points to gay casting directors in Los Angeles who are unable to look past the job they did more than anything else. It’s one of my pet peeves. I’ve read in front of casting directors knowing full well they’re gay and knowing they wouldn’t let other gay actors get past them.

So what else are you working on currently?
I was under contract for six years straight with Talk Soup and then QAF one right after the other so I was working full-time and not able to tour with stand-up or music or even do any film/ now the direction I’m going is to tour with stand-up because I consider that my primary art, my band is going in to the studio in November to do our second record and I’m working on a couple of features one I’m writing and two I’m developing. The big one that I’m most proud of is called Undercover Band about an ‘80s metal coverband that saves the world from a psycho cult.

I’d buy a ticket.
It’s a good time. I wrote it and it’s very funny. I’m very proud of it. And there are some other things I’m securing the rights to but in the meantime it’s nice to be a stand up because I have my life and I can live and make a living while I’m doing other things and I can really enjoy what I do with my career.

I do a little feature here on the blog called Who Would You Do where I match up two different people to see who my readers find the most desirable. You're totally whupping Jimmy Fallon's ass.
Yeah? Well first of all, I’m honored. That kind of thing is always nice. I won 'Cutest Billboard' in San Francisco and that made for a good time driving through the city. I guess people have seen more of me than Jimmy so they know what they’re getting. I’m not sure there’s anything in 'Taxi' that would lead your readers to believe that Jimmy would be good in bed. Sadly, it’s true that I’m straight but I have to tell you, I am magnificent in the sack.

Nice. What else would you like to say to readers of MileHighGayGuy.com?
Friend me on myspace.com and also that I’m pushing Obama hard and I can’t begin to stress what the Supreme Court would look like after a McCain/Palin win. She actually belongs to a church that believes you can pray the gay out of people so a Barack Obama win is a moral imperative. It’s nice to have such a stark contrast in this election – if we don’t pull this off we’re boned. A McCain/Palin presidency would just be brutal. I'd hate to see all the work we've done for gay rights just get flushed down the crapper.

[ 本帖最后由 btshouyk 于 2008-10-26 10:32 编辑 ]

评分人数

既然Hal 没有指名道姓,Gale和Randy也从来没有回应过,我想大家都不要作过多揣测和公开争论了,这样的事情争论下来也没有结果,类似的讨论以前发生过,以后说不定还陆续有来,何必无休止地为了这个破坏兴致
这个帖子权当了解Hal的近况吧,有些话说完又说就没有意思了

锁~

楼上没看过MICY的戏份的人就别指手画脚了,都是你们瞎猜,没证据表明HAL对GALE和RANDY不满,很多都是你们自己炒做起来的,演艺界的事情复杂的多尤其在海外,在不了解的情况下别自己YY,,,,, 从翻译看我也没看出HAL有什么不对,他讲出了自己想说的话而已...........
关注GALE,和RANDY的可以多多收集他们的近况,    (不知道GALE  怎么样了,最近看了绝望主妇发现他魅力依旧,嘿嘿)
至于会不会拍其他版本的QAF,,,,
看那边的编剧怎么样了

最近的美剧都退步了,编剧越来越笨了.............

回复 55# 的帖子

貌似童鞋你的逻辑很混乱啊,最开始的说有矛盾的有床戏的ben,然后有人质疑后又说有床戏的不止ben,牵出一个超久之前的D医生,大家好好说话,就变成吵架,骂人。
看这个帖子真是像吃了个苍蝇一样,让人火大。

哇哇好凶的口气,俺不会吵架,呵呵你们自个儿YY去吧。。。以后记得了这里只准州官放火不许百姓点灯,听从楼上的亲命令,俺回咱的温馨小窝去,大家继续陶醉吧咔咔~

话说这好好的一篇访谈竟然被回帖给拉到这个话题,既然亲们说是qaf里的演员都关心,咋不看看hal后面说的近况动向呢,呵呵我倒是看到了他一堆密密麻麻的工作表,还有激动人心的第二张专辑。。。开心地抱回坛子里去o(∩_∩)o

[ 本帖最后由 mulanll 于 2008-10-27 19:18 编辑 ]
do something good, do something great.

The gay ones or the straight ones?
是同性恋演员还是异性的?

Um, one of each, actually. There ended up being a lot of negativity in kind of just trying to get loving storylines done and it was a tall order.
一边一个。事情最后变得有点消极,好像只想把浪漫的故事情节拍完就好。

这个还不明显???
But there is a chance and I always push Ron and Dan in this direction and I think it would be very healthy to do something like QAF: Miami or QAF: Chicago where they took a different group of people and brought the show back that way. You could have Ted or one of the other characters go there and lead us through the beginnings.
他其实不满这个“浪漫的剧”,谁都知道谁是这部剧的轴心,这个暗示还不明显???
DAVID是剧的轴心吗??他都消失N年了。。。= =

回复 51# 的帖子

筒子

我想逻辑有问题的人不是你楼上那群筒子……

David这个角色根本完全影响不了后几季的发展,更别说继续合作续集或是电影了。

“这两个人”的其中一位是David的饰演者的猜测,叫我怎么说呢~

oh so ridiculous

这不是谣,也不是造的

同样的言论,有不同的理解无可厚非,也没有人能让本人重新解释一遍

但该面对现实的时候就要面对现实

另外,我以为网站的标题,域名什么的都说的很清楚了,这里是QAF的天堂

讨论一下除了Gale/Randy, Brian/Justin以外的人非常正常

在指责别人之前,先看好自己的立足点。

[ 本帖最后由 sherrysi 于 2008-10-27 19:05 编辑 ]

看了这访问无语啊...

呵呵楼上的筒子们逻辑都好奇怪啊,hal向来跟robert关系不错(俺之前的言论貌似没有一句说过他俩不和的说。。不知大家怎么看的),也曾在访谈里表示很欣赏randy,唯独表示过不快情绪的就是演david的演员了,至于gale,hal基本就没有谈过。而他说的QAF续集里根本就没想是原来这一帮演员去演,人明明说的是“took a different group of people and brought the show back that way.”注意是“different group of people ”哈。。。
如果这里真是bj的天堂,那么建议大家多关注gale和randy的发展动态,既然不想鸟其他人,也别随意造谣生事,毕竟这不是什么好差事。。。做点有建设性的事吧呵呵

回复 49# 的帖子

HAL到底指谁,一看就知道了的说。。。
P.S乃不要这么说嘛。。。QAF又不是某人一个人的戏,里面还是有很多可爱的人值得偶们去爱的嘛。。MV还是要拍的。。为了这事伤了心,可不好哇。。。
淡定,淡定。。。

为毛俺觉得H先生说的就是某两个人啊(挠头),如果是第一季里的医生的话,完全不可能会影响到电影版的拍摄啊,况且,说到会因为某些人而导致不可能再拍电影版的话,这话说的想当暧昧唉,再则被强调异性恋同性恋各占一位,不得不让人会有做出某种不好的猜测唉……
看了这采访,感觉想吞了只苍蝇,做MV的热情都毛了……(叹气)
PS:演员会介入剧本加上自己的想法这事在中国不是很正常吗?有些演员还直接自己修改剧本并改变结局咧!

我只要gale和randy关系好就好了 其他的就管不了那么多了

IMDb是啥?一个论坛么?

還有…拍不拍續集or電影的問題

把演David的那個演員扯進來就沒意思了

Doesn't make any sense at all...
【岛国系列】没有快播照样嗨  打开【69AVi点com】  ←_←点击进入
【欧美系列】没有快播照样嗨  打开【69AVi点com】  ←_←点击进入

原帖由 mulanll 于 2008-10-27 17:00 发表
说实话,我不懂为什么有人会制造hal与gale与randy不和的谣言,m和bj的戏份是错开来拍的,即使bj这两人对戏份与导演意见有歧义,hal根本都不会知道,也不可能影响他的发挥。。。而且hal还一再说有演员因为自己的问题而 ...

誒?是嗎?其他演員拍什麽戯不在場景裏的演員就不知道咩?

如果看過一些幕後花絮的話…就知道拍攝布景和布景之間是靠得很近的…

還有…在拍攝時…真正揮了Justin一棒的是出自哪個演員之手?額…Hal Sparks...

綜上所述…演員們還是可以知道整個片場都在發生什麽事情的…

但是作爲旁觀者…可能只看到事情的一部分…就開始臆想個中原委…

額…有沒有這個可能涅…
【岛国系列】没有快播照样嗨  打开【69AVi点com】  ←_←点击进入
【欧美系列】没有快播照样嗨  打开【69AVi点com】  ←_←点击进入

怎么可能说的是BEN?都哪朝哪代的事了。
说的是少了就不能拍的电影版本,也就是主角罗。以致于要以EM为主线。
这样说还不明显吗?

I don' t think he's talking about Ben.

另,偶很好奇。问一句:就算Hal跟演按摩师的演员(偶忘记名字鸟)不合,这又关续拍什么事情呢?又关“以浪漫结尾”,或者“某演员对剧本提出意见”变成bad blood什么事情呢?
偶以为D医生是很~~~~早的过去式了嘛……

那到底Mr. Sparks是在说谁呢~~~

不大可能是说医生吧。早没他什么事了。

回复 36# 的帖子

你说的话更让偶不懂鸟。。。你原来指的HAL含沙射影的是BEN,按你的意思是有过床戏的不是吗?那一个是DAVID,那另一个不是BEN了吗?如果是BEN,HAL这样讲,不是看他不爽吗?偶问你的问题是他指的是谁,你现在又说他们没有不和,偶还以为你有什么根据呢,原来你也是猜的啊。。。

[ 本帖最后由 elingelingeling 于 2008-10-27 17:10 编辑 ]

原帖由 mulanll 于 2008-10-27 17:01 发表
呃。。。楼上的筒子们,我又说他跟ben不和了吗,mikey在qaf里除了ben不是还有过一个男朋友吗?难道大家都没看过第一季。。。

可是那个人已经辞演了,况且只演出了第一季,有他没他会影响以后的内容么,难道电影版也要从第一季拍到第五季么?弄不明白,一会儿是ben,一会儿又是前男友

看了这个心情不好,反正我是郁闷了一下午。

It’d be a little hard although I’m for it. That’s a joke. Relax. But there is a chance and I always push Ron and Dan in this direction and I think it would be very healthy to do something like QAF: Miami or QAF: Chicago where they took a different group of people and brought the show back that way. You could have Ted or one of the other characters go there and lead us through the beginnings.
==========

=  =
如果真要拍一个Ted主视角,或者快乐的Mikey四口之家的电影…………
我还是只能说“遗憾”啊
换成Em倒是不错。

不过谁都知道,观众们要看得到底是谁…………

[ 本帖最后由 kenlala 于 2008-10-27 17:09 编辑 ]

呃。。。楼上的筒子们,我又说他跟ben不和了吗,mikey在qaf里除了ben不是还有过一个男朋友吗?难道大家都没看过第一季。。。

• 三国群英传私服
  •